View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I have the Galaxy S phone and its a great phone the Galxy S II phone is even better. A dual core 4.3" Super AMOLED Plus phone. Samsung has even integrated voice command to their core apps more than standard Android devices. It has 1GB RAM. If I did not already have my G S phone I would be picking this phone up. There are a lot of really good Android phones out there, but I think the G S II is the best in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I do mean the S2 - sorry for the confusion. Not so sure about it now - I've just read this on an Amazon review:
Quote:
If you use your phone as your primary music player (e.g. like an iPod) then this is NOT the phone for you - it (as far as I can determine) has no dedicated hardware to decode audio and so it uses a lot of CPU power to play music. The phone will get very hot in your pocket from the CPU heat and within 4 hours the battery will be completely dead.
I do use my iPhone 4 as my primary music player, and I'd want an Android phone to do the same. I can play music all day on my iPhone and that will drain the battery perhaps 10-15%. Is the S2 really as bad, in this respect, as described? That would be a show-stopper for me.
I don't think I would place too much weight on an Amamzon review. I'd have more trust on a reputable site.

I have the Galaxy S(I) and I must say that quote goes against my expereince as well as others what others have mentioned (many android users have commented on how they no longer carry their iPod because of the Android phone). Samsung bills their Galaxy S products as Multimedia devices, more so than any other Android phone. They also put heavy emphases on the screen quality. I don't use the music player much, I more stream music, but when I do want to conserver my battery life, I do listing to mustic stored on my phone.

I've yet to experience heating problems from usage. What does cause the device to drain the battery is heavy use of 3G data. See my post "My HOW-TO way to increase Android Battery"

Here is an expercrpt from another reviewer .
Quote:
With heavy, heavy use involving lots of 3G data, music playback, video streaming, browsing and photography, we managed to run down the battery in around 13 hours. (more...)

Last edited by =X=; 08-27-2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Added link
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote