View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #122
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
1.) It's not bad to select "Home" as default action for home button. You'll still be able to access ADW via Bar Shortcuts: just tap the top bar et voila
Yes, that was the idea
Quote:
2.) For European users there is no need for the Russian keyboard or dictionaries. I also removed Coolreader and ebookdroid. The dictionary folder can be simply deleted before running flash_reader. But for the apk packages the sdcard/tmp/checksums file has to be altered...
Absolutely. The Russian keyboard was added for the Russian users who are once again being snubbed by Sony. I don't use ebookdroid, but it is useful for those who like to read scanned DJVU copies. CoolReader on the other hand is a really great reading program (unless your native language is already supported by Sony, in which case perhaps you would want to stick with the Sony's Reader. Russian words are usually pretty long, and reading without hyphenation is considered inferior. Sony's software doesn't provide hyphenation support at all (other than in PDF).

md5sum for all files in updates and tmp directories should be listed in tmp/checksums. If you remove a file from there, you need to remove its checksum.

Quote:
3.) There is a bug: when going to Settings/Accounts&sync, tapping "Add account" will crash the reader...
Unfortunately, something is missing in the Google Tools, so none of them work. I am kind of glad that the AutoSynch is not working, as it would have eaten the battery in hours instead of weeks, but it would have been nice to have some support for gmail, Calendar, etc. However, any background services should be disabled on the reader.

Quote:
4.) I disabled wallpaper, settings/animations and set white background for the Launcher. IMO this should be default for eInk devices.
Yes, it should be.

Quote:
5.) I'd like to set white background for menus, but don't know how yet.
Haven't found a way to do it. Android doesn't appear to be totally configurable.

Quote:
6.) I removed Coolreader, but it is still present in Bar Shortcuts. When trying to remove it, Bar Shortcuts crashes.
I guess you should have removed it from Bar Shortcuts first, then uninstalled it... Or you can reinstall Bar Shortcuts, and select the apps you prefer to have there (instead of the ones I selected for you).
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote