View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
CraftyDan
Zealot
CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS-600 and PRS-350
Fair suggestion, but:

1. The modified date (among other parameters) may be different between the file on the device and the entry in the library.

2. There can be multiple file types associated with the same entry in the library, and multiple copies on the device with the same extension (different path).

3. If a book doesn't associate with the library, I have no entry on it in the library view. I may want to manage/edit the file, but not add it to the library.

(others may want more, but I'd be interested in these)

The point is, I want to see data about what is on the device, not what's in the library filtered by presence on the device. I'd like to see the directory data pulled straight from the reader to gauge age, quality (is that from before I adjusted the formatting?), file type and sort order. I can do this in explorer . . . but who want's to leave the app?

I expect this data to be transient between device connections. How could it be useful otherwise?

I understand the "different capability" device problem -- that's why I suggested a "limited" set -- but ALL devices have some sort of file system.

Maybe the better suggestion is to add more columns to the view (e.g. file name, extension, modify date, path) as opposed to customizing it. Perhaps even default-hiding some of the longer/less used data items.
CraftyDan is offline   Reply With Quote