View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #78
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Well, I've been all over the Nook forum for a week or two now, so maybe it's late for introductions, but I picked up a Nook Color on Friday when they hit Staples. The screen is gorgeous and responsive, and definitely caught my little cousins' attention with the sample kids' book. I may keep a partition of the stock OS for the magazines and kids' books, and just to follow its development, but overall B&N's firmware seems like a waste of both the hardware and the Android platform. Still, with such a mod-friendly hardware configuration, it's hard to complain that, like every device tied to a store or service provider, you're better off undoing all the branding and starting from scratch.

Last edited by taosaur; 05-03-2011 at 03:49 PM.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote