View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Alternative Cases for the Aura HD?

We all know that the stock cases currently available for the Aura are ultra-boss, providing you live and dream in black.

To Aura owners who don't, I pose the question: Have you found any other cases that fit the Aura HD and, if so, which ones?

(I'll definitely be trying several of my odd leather cases once my Aura's delivered. If any of them happen to fit, I'll let you know which.)

§ § § § § § § §

Edit: Here's the M-Edge sleeve originally designed for the Kindle 2, which I've been using ever since my Aura arrived. I haven't switched to a more fully featured cover because I've yet to find one in leather as nice or in a color as complimentary to my Aura's.

[A moderator deleted this image because its size "exceeded the guidelines" of MR; I'll try to look for another copy of the image and shrink it to 600 x 600 or less.]

The Aura doesn't slide at all and fits just under the lowest part of the U-shaped dip at the top of the case. The designer intended the center top part of the Kindle 2 to be exposed for the fingers to tug, but the Aura remains just out of sight, which I prefer for protection's sake. Tightened a tad, the belt strip still touches the top of the Aura and helps to secure it.

So to sum: The case protects the Aura more reliably than it did the device for which it was designed. It's also just snug enough, which means the Aura's kept in place without undue pressure. Additionally, the cinereal suede interior's unlikely to stain the screen.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 01-23-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote