View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 02:40 AM   #13
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
For non-fiction, I'd recommend 'Flashman at the Charge'. This is my favorite of a great series of historical non-fiction (well actually non-fiction with fiction parts). Anyway, they are very funny, interesting and wonderfully accurate. Author is George MacDonald Fraser.
Great books .

Just wondering if you've tried the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell. They're fictionalisations of the same military era, only not humorous. They make an interesting comparison.

I'm working my way through them on audio (currently on No.5 'Sharpe's Prey'), and they're superb.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote