View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #49
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by doone View Post
You may be on the money there. If you click on the little pink arrow above Android Apps in this tech specs page, the screen on the kobo changes to show you the apps homepage - there is an icon for GetJar Apps right there. But don't blink, you'll miss it.
Or, pop over to GetJar. You can register "Kobo Vox" as an option and it already recognises you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
I wonder why we didn't get a sneak peek of the Vox at some of the recent techie conferences? It'd be nice to see people actually messing with it (well, lightly messing with it) instead of the PR ad. Maybe they were still working out some sizable kinks at the time and didn't want hiccups on camera.

The press releases say it'll be sold at Best Buy and the like but not when. I assume after the ship date, but it'd be nice to know how much of a window I have before my other tablet ships (and cancel in time, if I change my mind on it).
Ship dates seem pretty consistent calling out Oct 28.

I think the lack of buzz so far in the US market is simply that Kobo is pretty much dismissed by the business press. This perception is changing slowly. The strategy of building an open platform, delivering content on many different devices through apps and partnerships, hasn't really sunk in. The business press tend to see "Borders closed = Kobo closed", assuming without Borders Kobo is toast. Amazon, of course, has no stores ....

Plus, don't underestimate Kobo's ability to show up in places like Walmart.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote