View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #32
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The other Mobipocket to html converter I have actually leaves characters such as the curly quotes and em dashes as the actual characters and not the HTML #s. Cannot mobi2html do the same thing?
Want to try a new (actually very old) .prc-->.html converter. It's called 'makedocN' and was hacked together by me almost four years ago.

It's crude, but should yield the same results as your java code on the iLiad. No filepos links are fixed, nor <mbp: pbreak>, etc, but I did strip out the images (without file ext). I used other batch files to convert all the .prc to .rb (Rocket eBooks / REB 1100 formats). The left over .html was used to generate .imps, by hand, one at a time. It was tedious and I only converted the .prc I was going to read instead of everything in sight. Sigh, Mobi2IMP had not yet been born!!!

The hack was based on 'makedoc9', but I called it 'makedocN' (N as in Nick!).

The attached .zip includes everything you need (I hope) to run makedocN. It was compiled with cygwin and required its .dll to execute. Just unzip, place your .prc's in the directory and double-click the 'doprc.bat' and wait for it to finish.

What do you think, could I give tompe a run for his money? or should I just stick with what I am good at i.e. .imp!
Attached Files
File Type: zip makedocN.zip (451.7 KB, 1095 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-25-2008 at 01:04 AM. Reason: fixed typos
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote