View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
User_none is correct, but in case the solution isn't clear to you, what you need to do in your epub is to use blockquotes for all the content you want indented in mobi. Nest the blockquotes for multi-level indents. Unfortunately amazon in their infinite wisdom has changed the amount of em margin one blockquote will create, on old school mobi renderers it's about 1.5em per nested quote, the original kindle still honors something around this amount, but modern kindles seem to use 2em or maybe a bit more.

Anyway the net is author your epubs using blockquote instead of div.
Thanks, Idolse. I should have made it clear that I have indeed used blockquotes for the first level quotes, and within that blockquote have used a div for the nested quote. As I mentioned above there is no indentation for the first level quote on either side, probably because I've put the text within <p></p> tags.

Do you have any suggestions and the awful looking footnote numbers, or for the fact that the mobi file has a serif font though the ePub file has a sans-serif font?

I'm beginning to think that user_none is right, and it can't be done with mobi. I think I'll go over to the Kindle area and ask how they would do it, or if it can be done anyway.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote