View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Borders in Australia is COMPLETELY different!
At the very front of every store I have seen (2 in Brisbane and 1 in Melbourne) there is a big table with at least 3 demo Kobos. During May and early June when they were first released there would often be a queue to use these units. At that time there was always at least one staff member rostered on Kobo demo duty. Most of the staff members I have spoken to are quite knowledgable.
Angus and Robertson also sell Kobos (maybe) in Australia and you wouldn't know from their stores as I have never seen a Kobo on display anywhere (several stores on the Sunshine Coast, in Brisbane and also Melbourne) My local store has their single display unit hidden in a drawer behind the register. I spoke to a staff member who said she didn't know why they were selling them as she was worried that if people bought ebooks instead of real books she would eventually lose her job!
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote