View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFK_Matrix View Post
Thanks for the info ascherjim. I was very interested in getting a Opticbook3600 as I can get one for £160 which isn't too bad. Just so I have this right would I have to scan every single page one at a time?? Also from the pictures would i have to turn the book upside down on the scanner so i can do both sides, would i then have to use the software to rotate page??
Even though the prime feature of the OpticBook is the ability to lay the book at right angles and scan individual pages without harming (overly bending) the binding, you can nevertheless use the scanner as an ordinary flatbed scanner. You can thus lay the book flat and scan two (facing) pages at a time. The FineReader software separates those two scanned pages into separate (individual) pages, as if you had scanned only one page at a time. The page orientation (upside down or not) is not a concern, as the software renders the pages all with the same orientation. Hope this is helpful.
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote