View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #23
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I hate waste.

I was looking for a really nice cover for a new Kindle Paperwhite. I found beautiful ones that were not so cheap and cheap ones that were not so nice but they all had one flaw--they didn't accomplish the purpose they were intended for.

A book cover is supposed to cover the book! I can't be the only one who noticed that. It's in the actual name of the product. But even in the images meant to sell them most wouldn't stay shut without wrapping a strap around them. The beautiful ones were not so pretty tied up like that and the cheap ones looked extra cheap.

Why? Book covers are a two century old technology! At least! You have to put a spine on it to get the cover to close and stay shut! What's the hangup?
I must be a very poor consumer, I don't buy things that need replacing. I have several eReaders, as does my wife and family. That makes more than twenty among us all. (I have five daughters and all have partners.) Not one of them has a cover that does not work. At times I have dropped a Kindle or had it knocked off a desk. No damage - cover worked. All of them have a front cover that folds behind the reader when being used making reading easy.

Are you practicing to become a Mother-in-Law or does finding fault where none exists come naturally to you?
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote