View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Khululekani
Khululekani began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, it is possible, just use javascript and html and you are good to go. I can hook you up with an example if you like. I have an epub that plays bring up a javascript popup window to auto play the video, also i have an interactive jquery map running within the epub format.

keep in mind that an epub is basically html pages.

hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amherst View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm converting a Comp Sci textbook to EPUB3 format and I'd like to include interactive JavaScript for the purpose of explaining topics within the textbook. Is this even possible?

I have been trying to get things to work by using the <canvas> tags in the .xhtml files pointing to JavaScript code, but it is not working. The intended platform is the iPad, although being able to read and implement the interactive features in a browser would be a major plus.

IF I can get this to actually work would you consider this a straightforward procedure, a seriously complicated endeavor or somewhere in between?

I have been looking EVERYWHERE to figure this out and cannot seem to find any examples of anybody being successful doing this.

Thanks!
Khululekani is offline   Reply With Quote