View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #15
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tank4141 View Post
The reason these tablets never sold when Gates hyped em in the early 2000's was because they wre $2000!! I love the form factor but no way was I going to pay that much for a laptop with no keyboard. Now since most of them are under $500 people have become a lot more intereted.
Quite true!

Not only were the tablet pc's overpriced, but $600 pdas, $1500 HPCs, $300 ebook readers, and all the other touchscreen computers were far overpriced. Many of us could only buy these devices when they were offered on ebay or in CompUSA's bargain bin.

Every touchscreen computer I ever owned (maybe a dozen) were purchased used-second-hand, except the latest two. This indicates that the price was the only thing holding me back from buying new, but now that prices have fallen I now buy new. Some complainers even feel that $500 is too much to pay for an ipad... perhaps it is. We should find out in the next year or two if price is the main factor holding people back from purchasing.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote