View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #212
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Your 603 is fairly similar to my 503 if I put the light up high, though my green splodge is of a different shape and not as pronounced as yours.

So far my real-life testing (meaning with the light at a level where the splodge doesn't show) is telling me that:
- in daylight it's a tie between my K3 and PW
- With the artificial light (ceiling) in my living room, I prefer the PW
- With the artificial light (bedside lamp) in my bedroom, I prefer the K3

The angle at which the ambient light falls on the screen seems to be a big factor which affects how the PW screen looks (much more so than the K3). I do like the PW overall but I'm not sure I like it quite enough to keep it.
I'm going to use it some more over the weekend and decide on Monday whether it's refund time.
Try some custom fonts before making your decision. It really changes the whole eReader experience when you got a good font with contrast. See the PW fonts thread for more info.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote