View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #14
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I read this book quite a while ago and actually enjoyed it true the ending was a little "out there" I still enjoyed it. I'm probably one of the few who would like to see a sequel.

I actually haven't read any of his other books I'm just a sucker for Alien Invasion type novels.
I'd like to see a sequel too. Weber isn't one of my favorite authors on the best of days so I wasn't horribly offended by this book. In terms of alien invasion novels, while a tad odd, the ending was infinitely more satisfying than that in Robert Silverberg's 'The Alien Years'.

Spoiler-

After years spent fighting the aliens, who we never see nor do they really even acknowledge the human characters, the aliens just up and leave. Talk about unsatisfying.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote