View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #24
charlesatan
Addict
charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by EileenG View Post
This is a Big Six publisher who have approached me and asked me to write an erotic novel that will blow 50 Shades away. They want it before the end of August, so it can be on the shelves before Christmas and are offering an advance of $5000.
Sounds normal. Feels like they're testing out the market and hoping your book (along with others probably) will do well and cashing in on a fad. Obviously I don't think they're expecting the book to blow 50 Shades away, but rather hoping to capture a significant share of the market.

My uninformed opinion is that $5,000 is a decent deal (certainly around what mid-list writers are getting), but hopefully your agent (if you have one) or lawyer can look at your contract for royalties (in the event the book is indeed a success).
charlesatan is offline   Reply With Quote