View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #10
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Not really. The Kindle is an ebook reader. PDF is not an ebook format. Trying to use PDF for a purpose it was neither designed nor intended for is always going to be an exercise in frustration, and that's not Amazon's fault.
I disagree. PDFs are more readable on my phone than they are on my Kindle, which is sad. Amazon chose to directly support PDFs. There's no point in doing it if you're going to do it badly. Based on what I've seen on my phone, most plain text PDFs would be perfectly readable on the Kindle with reflow.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote