View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #51
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Quote:
Originally Posted by korovjev View Post
I've played with new Lbook FW (20090624 version mentioned here), but after while reverted back to last "official" v2.02.
The reason was strange behavior of CoolReader with fb2 files (which is my preferred format). Actually when I was exiting fb2 file at some page with high number (like 400 and more) it took very very long before the reader exited - like 30 seconds to more then a minute. The higher page number, more it took for the CoolReader to exit - from pg 1000 it was more then minute and half.
Very annoying! In fact one can speed up the termination by clicking on Exit/back button once more, but then the page position was not saved and CR did not start there next time. Quite weird behavior - I think that CR was counting actual position in some very complex way or whatever. Anyhow I could not live with it. I'm usually switching between several books, so this is not acceptable. Old fw (2.02) is OK with this.

I was actually very much interested about new PDF reflow rendering, but was bit disappointed. I've tried two pdfs, one did not work at all - the reflow rendering was absolute mess - all lines from page were rendered one above another. The second one warked - I can increase font, but actually each line was "increased" separatelly so it resulted in braking paragraph and also arbitrary splitting of words at line ends. So text looked like this:

One para in zoomed PDF w
as
breaked into few separa
te lines
, where end of each l
ine
continued on nex
t one
and words we
re splited arbitrarily

Very inconvenient for reading.
Problem may come with PDF code creating tools.
You can try building the your own PDF from WORD and see, it should have no problem
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote