Thread: A few questions
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #10
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
Thanks, guys. I have a few follow-up questions.

Re: the free previews. Can you download these on the Nook iPhone app? If so, how? Or are these only available to download on the Nook itself? If so, how easy is it to search for books on the device? On my Kobo it's a pain in the butt to shop on the device, so I do all my browsing and purchasing within the iPhone app and then sync the devices.
If I'm not mistaken, anything you "buy" (including the free samples) from B&N is available to download through your account on their web site. I'm not familiar with the iPhone or how its nook app works, but I suspect there's a way to download it through the browser in the iPhone and open it directly. I'm certain you can download it through your computer and load it on to the iPhone from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
Re: the free public domain books. On Kindle/Kobo Project Gutenberg books are easy to find and download within the store. On Nook there don't appear to be any. Do you have to side-load all public domain books or is there some special area of the Nook store that these are in?
I recently tried an experiment with my nook color. Went to Project Gutenberg in the web browser, and downloaded Twenty Years After. It didn't show up under "Books" in the Library, but it did show up under My Files-->My Files-->My Downloads, and it opens up fine from there, and seems to work OK (the device even remembers that's the last book I was reading). I have no idea if this will work on the Touch, though.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote