View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Well, I believe that decision would have to be made by congress and then tested in the Supreme Court. While the Supreme Court seems to allow a de facto perpetual copyright, the Constitution is pretty clear about prohibiting and actual perpetual copyright.

In any case, the Peter Pan copyright is, if I remember held by a charitable organization... which is why it was granted a perpetual copyright in Britain. Quite different from granting a for profit corporation a perpetual copyright.

--
Bill
Agreed. I doubt that giving a perpetual copyright to a for profit company would be allowed. Now, if they want to transfer the copyright of Mickey Mouse to the people of the United States of America in perpetuity ... then fine by me.

And, the US already has a symbol, thank you very much. There is Uncle Sam after all .... I don't see him going away anytime soon. Of course, I can just see the current administration trying to slide something like that in under the wire.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote