Thread: Hall of Shame
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
To start with it has wide left and right margins, so that only 68mm of the 92mm wide screen is available for text. Even worse there is a quote from another book as a preface, and this quote is in a column only 28mm wide. It looks ridiculous.
If it isn't copy protected, that is something you could easily change yourself. I usually have the opposite problem, where the margins aren't wide enough and the page numbers my reader adds crash into the text.

BTW, the one I posted example mistakes from was Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry. The last ebook I bought was Fetish by J F Gonzalez, but it was a PDF that needed converting so I ran it through a spelling check in my word processor as part of that. There was lots and lots of mistakes, but I didn't keep a list of them.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote