Thread: css question
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
@ Hitch, well said.

As a hobbyist / enthusiast, I am most grateful for wisdom and hard-earned knowledge shared by gurus, but certainly don't expect it as an entitlement.
Just because someone knows how to do something, doesn't mean they have to provide a how-to to any and all comers.
Well, there's a lot of gurus around here--I'm not one of them, but I do have a few years of experience. Most of what I know about CSS, for example, I learrned from real gurus--Jellby, who rocks him some CSS; Capidamonte, who taught me not to mistake styling for structure, or vice-versa, and Liz Castro, whose book on ePUB taught me about thinking outside the box, in dealing with Apple.

Toxaris can make Word sing like a Bird, and his clean HTML macro is wondrous...I could go on. We're very fortunate at MR--we have an amazing amount of brain-power here, and reasonably decent, fruitful and intelligent discussion. And those true Gurus can do whatever they want with their expertise. My post wasn't as much about sharing information as it was about presumption. And I thank you for your post!

@cybmole:

BWAHAHAHA.

I thought everybody knew that? Those bracket thingies hold in all the TEXT, so it doesn't get lost. Man, how long you say you been making these books here? Um..lemme see, I think we say that we charge about $2.50 a PAIR for those, but it usually works about at about $0.00001 a pair. ;-)

But if you're smart, you can only use one pair of those, and use a bunch of those BR things, which are FREE, and save yourself some money. I get my brackets from Amazon, in bulk, although someone told me that they were cheaper at Costco.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote