View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 03:11 AM   #1
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Diesel ebooks - Agency 5 and geographic restrictions

I thought my recent ongoing experience with Diesel was worth sharing.

A couple of days ago, I thought it was worth checking to see if the ebooks withdrawn during the Agency 5 machinations were available again.

They certainly were a click-able entity on my bookshelf, but now they had become geographically restricted, generating an error message about being in the wrong territory. Great!

Seeing more than a little red, I created a ticket requesting that full refunds be provided for those books I had purchased and that I was not allowed to have.

Diesel's customer service is fast, within a few hours (time zone differences), I was emailed telling me the issue was being looked at. Not long after that, I received an email from Diesel ebooks director Kelley Allen. In that email he apologised for the issue, informed me that the withdrawal of the ebooks was beyond Diesel's control being a distributor initiated move.

What did please me though was the acceptance that Diesel would repay me for the GR restricted and thus unavailable books that I had paid good money for.

I am pleased at this stage with the outcome, pending my Paypal account being credited for the cost of over 60% of my ebooks I purchased.

What I would like to know though is, if anyone else has been unable to access their bookshelf titles at Diesel?

I am not sure how widespread my situation is.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote