View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #9192
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Nearly half the issue was taken up with the first part of a serial by Edward M Lerner. I was put off a bit by what seems to me to be a technical error in the Prologue, but apart from that it's OK, and I'm interested to read the next parts.

None of the shorter works stood out for me. A slight sub-par issue for me (YMMV).

Next was Asimov's SF, June 2011

There were some stories in this issue that I didn't care for, but the issue was above average for me for two stories: the short story Apocalypse Daily by Felicity Shoulders, and the Novella Kiss Me Twice by Mary Robinette Kowal.

And now I'm onto another Agatha Christie, her 12th book, The Murder at the Vicarage.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote