View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #22
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
effective DRM
Well, these two works don't go together well. And never will.
Hey, name me a drm that wasn't broken ? They only make sure the paid product have less value, because it is locked.

And if you where speaking of drm on DVD, these are pain really. Make putting a copy on my portable player a bit of a mess. (Yes, MY player, for MY use.) An illegal copy would have just been copy / past.
And blue-ray are even worse. I'll think twice before buying an other one.
Customer don't buy someting to put it on torrent site. On the other hand, they want someting that "just works". And DRM succed in making things not working, a lot.

Music industry got the message, and ditched DRM. No we're wating for the movies, books and gamming industry to wake up.

Is dmca really applied ? I don't think anyone went to trial for de-drm for personal use right ?

Last edited by EowynCarter; 06-06-2010 at 10:15 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote