View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #464
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
Hi, I was directed to this thread by MickeyC, who encourage me to post about a book that I just finished reading, "The Demon-Haunted World" by Carl Sagan. I found it very good, and recommend it. I gave it 4 stars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyC View Post
Just finished Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander and it was a very interesting read. He gets, IMHO, a bit overly religious towards the end. But factor that out and it is interesting.
Hi MickeyC,

I would recommend re-reading Carl Sagan's The Demon-Haunted World. A doctor's subjective experience with an "afterlife", doesn't quite meet scientific standards for validity. It is worth noting that people who use LSD also report transformative experiences, while under the drug, that are sustained for years after the experience. Payote users also report similar experiences.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote