View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #72
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Sage
Bad Aura HD

I received my Aura HD about 3 weeks after it was ordered. It worked for about a week and then stopped working. It would not turn on. Trying to reset it by using a paperclip in the little reset hole did nothing as did trying to perform an "external factory reset" by holding the light button and the power button at the same time. After talking with Kobo tech support I requested a refund. They told me they would give me the return information within "48 Business hours". That was 6 days ago. I am still waiting for return instructions. I will never purchase another Kobo product after this experience. The Aura screen and lighting are both great but the quality of the hardware is abysmal, especially for something marketed as the best e-reader in the world. If you have one of these I hope your's holds up better than mine did or you are going to have a $169 door stop.
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote