View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 01:57 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by akita View Post
I have bunch of books in .EPUB that I converted to .MOBI, and uploaded the files to Kindle via USB.
MOBI is the old Kindle format. Select AZW3 as the output format for better results

Quote:
Originally Posted by akita View Post
[...]but I noticed that for every leading quote followed by a capital C, Kindle shows extra space between the two.
Some epub books use special styles that'll display initial quotation marks as drop caps and/or in a larger/different font. I.e., the space might have come from a style (possibly via a pseudo selector) or a hard-coded non-breaking space.

Please post the HTML code and the relevant styles of a sentence where this problem occurs.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote