View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #20647
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
While on vacation I managed to barely start Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey. The first Zane Grey book I have ever read, possibly the first western I have ever read. Something new and I am not sure what to expect. I am about 1/2 way through so far and it has been pretty good but a little too straightforward.
Fun read and I find myself almost entirely in agreement with the comments from the earlier thread (he had it out for the Mormons, more romance than expected, etc.) I was shocked at one point though...
Spoiler:
how could Venters shoot Wrangle!?

Next up is a complete change of scenery from the American southwest to the extreme north of Canada, Arctic Wargame by Ethan Jones the first in his Justin Hall series. I picked this up as a freebie almost 2 years ago during my "get anything that looks remotely interesting and is free" phase, my TBR list still hasn't recovered but I am working on it slowly, and it has been near the top of my TBR pile waiting for me to be in the right mood ever since.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote