View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Using Calibre's manual it was easy to create many new empty libraries. I opened a command prompt (all programs - accessories - comand prompt) then I typed in the following:

Calibre --with-library C:\Calibre_Library_1

Calibre opened with a nice clean empty library. I quit Calibre via ctrl Q and repeated a few more times with different library names quitting calibre between each run.

Calibre --with-library C:\Calibre_Library_2
Calibre --with-library C:\Calibre_Library_3
Calibre --with-library C:\Calibre_Library_4

Now I had 4 new libraries and I started up Calibre fresh from my normal desktop icon.

Now (to test) I went to Calibre preferences - general (at the top) and changed the location of ebooks to C:\Calibre_Library_4 and clicked ok. The book window refreshed and I saw the one book I had already added to that library. My only problem is the tag browser didn't refresh so it still showed the stats from my first rather large library I opened.

I started a thread here and hopefully my error or calibre's error will be corrected. It looks like setting up and using multiple libraries is relatively easy.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote