Thread: Printing a List
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:04 AM   #9
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I just noticed this thread accidentally and I am interested how you manage to get a clean list with csv file with Microsoft office or is it possible with open office programs only

I mean if you make a list of authors and titles you end up with:
Author, Another author,"title" - if book has more than one author. Or only I end up with first field not in quotes?
This makes it impossible to separate columns since instead of two columns there will be 3 if there are 2 authors and so on as columns are broken at every comma if it isn't in quotes . At least using excel.

I've been breaking my head over this for a long time and the only solution I figured out is to make a column from other columns (for example title and author, in format I want) and make csv file with only that one column.

So I'd really like to know if I'm missing something simple.

More detail in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...29&postcount=4
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote