View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:09 AM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
Actually maybe the problem is on your web page/script side then - markdown is supposed to allow html tags anywhere in the middle of the text. I took advantage of this pretty heavily with a markdown book I was editing. Is it actually the markdown interpreter bailing out when it sees a tag, or is it whatever function you have passing the comments over to markdown that's the problem?
Actually not quite true! The Markdown spec specifically says that it does not process text inside an HTML block tag - and both the <DIV> and (I think) <P> fall into this category. I went looking when trying to process the Comments stored in Calibre was failing and found this statement. If Calibre had not stored the comment in a hybrid form of Markdown syntax inside an HTML block tag I would have been OK. That was why one of the options I mentioned in my original post was the brute force one of programatically removing the Calibre enclosing tags before applying the Markdown processing.

Interestingly enough - I notice the markdown spec says that text inside <SPAN> tags is subject to markdown processing.

Last edited by itimpi; 01-25-2011 at 09:14 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote