View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 01:23 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysanthemum View Post
The error message says the rtf file has features Calibre does not support. When I convert an rtf to a txt, then use that to create the epub, every place where the text contains an
" ... " the epub inserts a question mark inside a diamond. The error log concludes with the suggestion to save the file as an HTML, then try again. But none of my text editing software has the option of saving as an HTML.
Since you refuse to pass the error log so we can look at it... here is my two cents. Save the file as a html as the error log suggests. The OpenOffice.Org suite is open source and I believe it will allow you to save your file as a HTML file.

Update: I'm curious, did you try speakingtohe suggestion to open the RTF in Wordpad and then save the RTF back to the original without change? This has helped with certain errors in the past.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-07-2010 at 01:38 AM.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote