View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsittingstill View Post
Charging from the USB only: crazy. The whole point of the cell phone wireless was to not need a computer, and now you're going to tether it to a computer to charge? I don't give a hoot if the *author* always has a computer along; *I* don't! Plus I thought it took a lot longer to charge via USB? So you'd turn a device that charges in 2 hours into one that charges in 12 hours. Oh, yeah, that's *just* the thing I want to do when my eyes droop shut and I turn my kindle off and put out the bedside light--pad barefoot across the cold house to plug my Kindle into a computer...

And when I saw "better file handling" I thought she was talking about folders, which I think the Kindle desperately needs. But no, she was talking about native PDF compatibility. If she thinks people are going to read 8 1/2 X 11 PDFs on a 6 inch screen, well, it better come with its own magnifying glass, like the 2 volume version of the OED.
charging via the USB port does not mean it has to be teatherd to a computer, the Razors use a (nonstandard) USB-b port for charging, and HTC phones use (standard) USB-b port for charging too. I have a few AC chargers with USB-b Tips around the house. all this in addition to charging at a computer is a plus, not a negitive.

the Kindle Needs Tags/folders. it does make life easier. but then again on my sony reader i only use 2 tags, Read, and Unread... and the kindle did that while i had it and more (can see progress from the library for example. i wished my sony had that)
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote