View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #24
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
As a woman I would rather stay single then put up with some boy that refuses to grow up and only thinks about getting toys rather than think about the rest of the responsibilities that are needed to keep a household running smoothly.
Yeah, I've seen that. {sigh} Both my sisters suffered through marriages to men who couldn't care less if the bills were paid or their kids were fed. Only their addiction was Hunting/Fishing equipment. I'm sure we all know those stories from friends and relatives.

And, yes, I know of women who've messed up marriages because they had addictions of their own that their lifestyle couldn't support.

But, honestly, when Hubby asks for something that's beyond our current "Toy" budget he's not really asking 'permission', he's asking if we can afford it without putting us in a bad situation. Some weeks, an extra $100 spent is a problem. Other times it's not. He has no interest in handling the household money, and has left it up to me for 30 years. He trusts that if I bring up something I want then I already know it's doable. Otherwise, I wouldn't be bringing up the subject, because I'd already know it's not a good thing. Like me, sometimes he just has to wait for what he wants, because we need to budget for it, knowingly not eating out for a while or taking the money from something else we don't want/need as much. Eventually, though, we usually manage it.

In any relationship there's only so much money coming in at one time. It's respectful to ask first, before putting the family in a bind they didn't have to be in, if only everyone had been on the same page.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote