View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #21387
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Never assume!

This evening I needed to do a reset of my Kobo; some issues happened with it. No problem; I just do the nice logout on the device which removes the database on it, and it's reset to it's initial setup state (but without reverting to original firmware).

So I start the setup and get to the point where I am offered the choice of an over the air setup, or computer connected.

I choose computer connected and attach the USB cable dangling over my monitor.

No go; no noise of Windows detecting a device. I assume it's an issue with the beta firmware and decide to go wireless. All goes great, and then it's time to sync with calibre.

Attach cable and still no go!

Scratch head and pull on cable.

BLAST.. It's a spare cable not attached to a PC!

Sigh...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote