View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #77
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Boy this thread got big fast.

I don't reread much. And if I do it is decades, not just years, later.

Also, the books I might re-read tend to be classics, and thus my re-read will just as likely be a newer, hopefully better, translation. The one re-read I am now planning is Dr. Zhivago, and there is a newer translation out.

If my wife and I read the same book, and it's rare, we will probably both read it one after the other.

So I'm not going to keep hundreds of books on an eReader on the off chance I will want to re-read one before I die. If I do live another 30 years and re-read it then, look how much time I would have had to spend in library maintenance. That's what my tax dollars (and Brooklyn library fee) is for.

Then, if books aren't public domain, I almost always get them from the library (eBook if available, paper if not). So doing anything other than returning/deleting a read book makes no sense to me. My DRM problem is the library due date, but it hardly seems fair, or feasible, for there to not be that kind of DRM.

I've bought maybe two eBooks in the past year or so, mostly because they were not published in the US. They weren't worth re-reading.

And on a totally note, this is my first Mobileread ever post from Linux.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote