View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #79
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
*sigh*

Just finished part 1. This novel is a bit of a slog and a dint in my notion that I might have an affinity with Russian literature.

I don't dislike the writing, but I'm having trouble reconciling all the absurd plot developments into something coherent.

I'm hoping that it falls together a bit better in part 2.
That's where I am. So far I find parts of undoubted brilliance along with some tedious sections. Perhaps the translation isn't completely successful {it seems stilted in some passages} or I don't relate successfully to the medium and/or the cultural context.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote