View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 07:19 AM   #1
discens
discens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle DX, Sony PRS-650
PDF panning and zooming e-readers?

Greetings to all forum users and congratulations on the board.

I am a reasonably satisfied Kindle 2 user from Italy, but I would be interested in a device which can pan and zoom PDFs, besides reading them natively, as the Kindle 2 now can do.

1)I read that the Kindle Dx has the same limitations as the Kindle 2 concerning PDFs, what about the IREX Digital Reader 800S and 1000? (Although I don't know if the latter is worth buying, since I suppose it has gone out of production)

2)Does anybody know if the QUE will have the functions I am interested in, and if there is already some (very approximate) date for the European release?

3)I think that information about PDF panning and zooming functions of the various devices could be a worthy addition to the E-book Reader Matrix, does anybody agree?

4)Another aspect I am sensitive about is the contrast of the display. I am among those who aren't entirely satisfied about the Kindle 2 contrast (I read that the Kindle 1's was (allegedly by some) better, but I cannot order (a refurbished) one in Italy)), so I would be grateful if someone could give me some comparative information about this aspect.

Thank you very much for your attention and for any reply to my questions (a longish list, I am afraid).
discens is offline   Reply With Quote