View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 01:43 AM   #24
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@BR: pdfinfo is not really designed to be launched standalone only as part of calibre, which is why you need to install the dlls it requires separately to use it standalone. If you want to read metadata from pdf files with calibre tools use:

ebook-meta file.pdf

and to read the raw XMP metadata from the pdf file use

calibre-debug -c 'from calibre.utils.podofo import get_xmp_metadata; print get_xmp_metadata("file.pdf")'

Though note that XMP metadata is UTF-8 encoded and the windows console cannot handle arbitrary UTF-8 encoded text streams.
I wont be registering that dll for obvious reasons

Good to know about the calibre alternatives but I'll stick to exiftool its simple, it works, and I'm familiar with it.

For a console I use EmuCmd, I think it supports UTF-8 streams, I'd have to check. It's a lot better than the old PC-DOS box that MS ships, but if they shipped anything better the EU Competition Commissioner would have them up in front of it

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote