View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #18568
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapyap View Post
I finally got around to Doctor Who: The Wheel of Ice by Stephen Baxter.

Not bad so far, although I'm not getting the Second Doctor from the characterisation at all. I'm enjoying the plot well enough though and Jamie and Zoe seem a lot better fleshed out than the Doctor.
And done. "Not bad" just about sums up my feelings about this - no better and no worse than the average Doctor Who tie-in book, although I suppose I expected it rise above average.

The non-Who parts - especially everything to do with describing space and various spacecraft etc - were good, though, so I'm looking forward to reading some original science fiction by Baxter at some point.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote