View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #14
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
...you've lost that battle a long time ago without even knowing you were fighting in the war.
Simply because you chose to "hang your ass out online" doesn't mean everyone chooses to, and each and every single instance remains a multiple to the risk of your personal data being compromised. Some of us are perfectly aware of the issues, despite what I'm afraid I can only call propaganda otherwise.

Look: Overly broad privacy policies are, in general, a warning sign, and it costs very little for a company to fix them. There is nothing in the Amazon Kindle user agreement which states that they only store information about items they've sold you, if they can only technically do that, then why not put that in the user agreement?

It's hardly a moot point for anyone who's even marginally sensitive to privacy issues in general. It's a great way for a company to show their cooperation with the community, for starters, by having a sensible and limited privacy policy!

Quote:
any information Amazon can sell about you is probably already available from multiple other sources. So don't let that be the deciding factor regarding your purchase.
So do you respond to unsubscribe addresses on spam? I mean, by your reasoning you shouldn't be worried about doing so.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote