View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Skit: Le Perroquet Mort (French)

In honour of back to school...

I wrote this adaptation of the Dead Parrot Sketch for my enrichment French 5/6 students this year. I won't be teaching anybody older than Grade 2 this year so I won't be able to use it again

Bear in mind, this is not 'perfect' French because a) I had to simplify it down to something short enough for the kids to manage and b) I was restricted to only verb tenses and language structures that are used in our curriculum e.g. no 'vous' except for once, when I needed it for the imperative, no imparfait etc. and c) although I have been told my French is very good for an anglo, I am not a native speaker. I have had this beta's by other French teachers, and it's the best we can do given the constraints already mentioned

So, if you know French and want a good laugh...

LE PERROQUET MORT
rtf attached

Attached Files
File Type: rtf Perroquet Sketch.rtf (27.1 KB, 1146 views)

Last edited by ficbot; 09-01-2009 at 09:34 PM.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote