View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #9
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
@baf, can you lead or participate in updating technical documentation of MOBI format basing on your fresh knowledge?
I don't think any leadership is needed here. We could just start with updating MOBI wiki.
It is my duty to contribute to the wiki and I want to do it, but at the moment libmobi development itself consumes too much of my time. I hope I will be able to document some KF8 related algorithms when I reach more stable state of my project.
Quote:
I can read Python and C, so knowledge hidden in KindleUnpack/libmobi code would be accessible to me. But undefined license of KindleUnpack and LGPL of libmobi are pretty restrictive for me, because I also have a desire to write another mobi library (someday), but with MIT license, so I'm trying to hold back from reading KindleUnpack and libmobi code.
Choosing a license is a personal choice. I support GPL idea. Just notice that LGPL license is pretty permissive for a shared library. You can use it in commercial, closed-source applications. It still contains the dreadful virus though. So I well understand that somebody else may want to choose another approach.

You shouldn't be afraid of reading KindleUnpack or libmobi code. Is there much difference between learning an algorithm from a source code or from a documentation made of this source code? I still believe you know how to make fair use of it.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote