View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #1289
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAtomic View Post
Cheers, but you have to agree that this kind of functionality should be native right?

A manual sort order combined with a drag and drop system within a shelf (highlight book drag it to it's wanted position) would solve the whole issue. Seems so natural to me that I can't get my head around it not being included.
Like a physical bookshelf
I don't think any of the ereaders I have used have anything like that. And like anything these days, some would like it and some would hate it. I prefer a more automated method.

Calibre does work very well and takes very little time to set up. I have used both plugboard and utilities plugin to order by series.

The plugboard works but on the Kobo you have to manually change the sort orders for each collections. The Kobo Utilities plugin will also set the sort order but only on series collections presently AFAIK.

Another advantage of calibre is that if you want to change or add/delete a type of collection it can again be done very quickly and is just as quick to change it back if you don't like it. And you don't have to remove the DRM if you don't want to modify the books but you have to to use the plugboard I think.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote