View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #141
immutability
immutability ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.immutability ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.immutability ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.immutability ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.immutability ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.immutability ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.immutability ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.immutability ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.immutability ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.immutability ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.immutability ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Last Friday I played with the friend's new Kobo Glo, and compared it to my Sony T1. I was excited about the front lit ePaper ever since I first heard about it. I don't use a clip-on light with my T1 but there are occasions when I need one.

I really liked the light. It's pretty uniform, and reminded me of the first laptops with BW passive LCDs back in the 90s. Also the improved resolution of the screen is nice. There are things I didn't like about Kobo, but that would mean comparing the readers and not the displays. If I was to choose again between the T1 and the Kobo Glo, it would be a difficult decision. If I was offered a T1 successor with a front lit screen, I'd definitely go for it. Even if I would use it 5% of the time, it would be nice to have.
immutability is offline   Reply With Quote