View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 03:13 AM   #29
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One change I feel Overdrive should do is set all the library borrowing times to 7 days and let the users change that to 14 days. 21 day borrowing times should be eliminated. Way too long given what we'll be soon facing.
I don't agree with this. Some people simply cannot read a book in 14 days and should not be penalised for this just to reduce waiting times. I'm especially thinking about those with learning difficulties which make reading slow and difficult. How about those who take out non-fiction books? Books for a project?

What libraries need to do is buy an appropriate number of copies, in many cases this really needs overdrive and the publishers to work on a new model for libraries to purchase books.
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote