View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #91
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
Regarding the new trim_cancel option, which is awesome, if the trim amount exceeds the specified percentage, does it just trim up to the limit or does it leave the page untrimmed?
It will leave it untrimmed. Canti uses ImageMagick's trimming algorithm so it actually performs the trim and then determines whether to:
1) Keep the trimmed image and delete the untrimmed image
2) Delete the trimmed image and keep the untrimmed image
based on the @trim_cancel value. In other words, Canti has no direct control over trimming, so it doesn't just say "trim x # of pixels". I would have to write my own trim algorithm to leave a trim buffer.

Quote:
Is it possible to specify that the add_border_color option use the same color that was trimmed? If nothing was trimmed, then use a specified default border color?
Canti tells ImageMagick to only trim white, and should stop once it reaches any color outside of white fuzz. So if you want to use the same color border as was trimmed, set @add_border_color to white.

Quote:
I ran it against a 179 page comic and as usual, convert ate up all the virtual memory but strangely didn't use much real memory. I left it running and churning. In the morning, touching the computer made it bluescreen and reboot. After it's back, I check the comic pdf and it's perfect. I'll have to investigate if convert has parameters to limit its memory usage. Anyway to pass in additional convert parameters during your apps operation?
You had to leave it running overnight??? Let me do a quick test to see how long 179 scans take to process on my laptop...
3 mins 18 secs.
The dual core cpu was running hard the whole time, but the only time ram starting filling up was while creating the pdf (and even then the ram usage increased by 800mb at most, so virtual memory was never used).

You're on a netbook right? Maybe there is something weird with ImageMagick and netbooks.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote