View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #15948
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I've still got Lolita on the back-burner. Finding it hard to keep the momentum going on that book.
Finally finished this book. I think a couple of things played against me. One was that I was reading this in paperback which seems to becoming more and more difficult to me for some reason. Secondly, the first half of the book concentrates so much on the main character's desires, it becomes boring regardless of the beauty of the language.

The second half slowly became better with me enjoying it considerably more towards the end. I think I will put this on a re-read list at a time when I have an eCopy. I think I'll appreciate it much more the second time around.

I'm still going on Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Seas, but I'll now add my next indie read/review to the queue. This time it's Slaves of God by Brian Rappatta. It took me quite some time to agree to the read and review this book because the sample seemed very dark. I felt like there was an underlying sickness to the writing that I wasn't sure I wanted to suffer through.

But in the end, my love of darkness got the better of me so I'm giving it a go.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote